Course coordinator : Dilek Kitapcioglu - Acibadem University CASE
Faculty members of the NASCE TtT course :
Dilek Kitapcioglu - Acibadem University - CASE - Istanbul
Dara O’Keeffe - Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
Marie Morris - Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
Erhan Sayali - Acibadem University - CASE - Istanbul
Course program :
Friday 5th Oct 2018 13.30 – 18:00
- Welcome &Introduction
- Simulation Modalities
- How adult learners learn with simulation?
- How to teach with simulation?
- How and why should simulation be used?
- What are the educational materials for simulation based trainings?
- Implementation of Medical Simulation into Curricula & Program Development
- Basic principles for programming skills trainings
- Basic principles for programming simulation sessions
- Implementation of sessions into existing curricula
- Workshop 1: Programming technical skills training by using task trainers within small groups according to specialties/professions
- Workshop 2: Assessment of technical skills and non-technical skills in a simulated environment
Saturday 6th Oct 2018 - 9:00 – 16:00
- Crisis Resource Management
- Basic principles of team trainings; communication skills, collaboration and decision making
- Debriefing techniques
- Practicing teamwork scenarios by actively involving the participants as learners.
- Workshop 3: Programming simulation sessions within small groups according to specialties/professions
- Q&A session